Monday, February 20, 2017

Talent Show!!

(June 2, 2016)
This is Brianne's final year of middle school and the two previous years she performed in the school talent show. So this last year she wanted to try out again and end with her best performance yet! When she auditioned she was worried because the song she had chosen, Hello by Adele, was longer than the usual time they allow. But she okayed it by the teacher who was in charge and went ahead with it! She was thrilled to find out she had made it in but was even more glad that her performance would be towards the end of the show. In the two previous years performing she had chosen musicals to sing and this year she was going for a pop song. She REALLY wanted the crowd to get into it!

Her first performance was the underclassmen and they enjoyed it A LOT and gave her a great applause but the second performance was UNREAL. It was her peers, mostly all 8th graders, and they were screaming and yelling before it even began. But shortly after she started singing all these kids took out their phones and turned their lights on and were waving them back and forth. It was like a REAL concert and they were hooting and hollering at the right times, it was just incredible. I had tears rolling down my cheeks because I could not imagine what that must have felt like! Her performance was truly perfect and at the end the crowd stood and gave her an ovation. I can't think of a better send off than that! All that time she took practicing had paid off! What an incredible experience and sweet memory that she can take with her on to high school. As I went up the stairs to leave after her performance I had several kids yell to me how amazing she is. I walked out of there that day with SO MUCH pride. I am so proud of her for taking a God given talent and making it shine. I cannot wait to see where she goes from here!


No comments: