Saturday, February 18, 2017

New Calling

ON April 17th I was released from the young women as a Mia Maid advisor. I have been serving there for so long I am having a hard time imagining doing anything else! But I have to admit, it is time. I went in to talk to the bishopric and when they asked me my thoughts on it I broke down and cried and said it was time. After being in there almost 5 years, in different capacities, I was burnt out. I needed a new challenge. Little did I know what was coming. Chan had been saying for YEARS that he wanted a calling where we could serve together. We hadn't served in a calling together since Carter was a baby! An he got his wish! They called us to be Primary teachers for the 11 year olds. And boy are they an energetic bunch! WOW! They keep us on our toes! Two are VERY smart and have a broad knowledge of the gospel and LOVE TO TALK A LOT and the others are very smart as well but are a little wiggly and have short attention span. I have to admit I was ill prepared at first, I was used to older girls who were quiet, patient and helpful. And I had to adjust my teaching style A LOT! But it's okay! I am learning a lot and am enjoying serving with my sweet hubby! He is the BEST!!

No comments: