As long as I can remember Brianne has wanted to be a Student Body Officer. She would make comments at the football games about them and how she was going to run once she got to Alta. She LOVES their energy and how they lead the students at events etc.
So as soon as they announced the opportunities to run for Freshman SBO's she got a packet and brought it home and we got started! They have VERY specific rules that you have to follow! One of which is a bio (pictured above) that they place in the commons area for students to read.
They can also make signs that they and two friends can carry to help them get elected. Brianne was running for public relations which was a very popular area. There were MANY others running!
Because Alta has many schools that feed into it there was A LOT of students that didn't know her. So it forced her to talk to people and try to introduce herself and hopefully get their vote.
I took her over to the school to take photos as well to get information up on her social media pages (as soon as it was allowed) so that her friends could share them too! It was fun to take these!
We figured there was no better A TEAM than the football players! So I asked coach Te'o if she could take a picture with the team and he happily agreed! Brianne was in the middle of the entire varsity team!! I LOVE this photo because NO ONE loves Alta football more than her!
She made it through to the final round but unfortunately lost. She was devastated :( The only thing that made her feel better was to know that because she DIDN'T win she could now compete in Alta Idol. Thank heavens for that! Haha! I am hopeful she will try to run again! And I am SO proud of her for putting herself out there! That is a very tough thing to do! Way to go Brianne!
No comments:
Post a Comment