(Sept 3-5, 2016)
Chan's family invited us to go camping with them to the City of Rocks Idaho. At first all of us were going to go, but Will ended up having to stay behind for football, sort of a bummer but that's how it goes sometimes! Anyway, it wasn't too far from home. Only a few hours drive and we were there!
Here we are! We stopped at this gas station not long before getting to our camp! This was our text to the rest of the family that we were almost there!
This part of Idaho was very interesting. Desert landscape really and, because of the time of year, very brown! I am sure that if it were earlier in the year it would look very different- more green!
This is the camp site. It was an interesting spot. Not a lot of trees other than these spruces. However out in the distance it was a pretty view. The weather was a tad on the chilly side and it was sprinkling a bit too.
Gamma bought this funny game where you wear these funny mouth things and then try to pronounce tough words and phrases. It was hilarious!
On day two we went on a bit of a hike. It was supposed to be an "easy" one but after going about half way Chan and I decided to go back the way we came and wait for the rest of the group. Because of the weather and the fact that Chan had just recovered from back surgery I didn't want him to exhert himself too much. The last thing I wanted was for him to fall!
Turns out it was a good thing! The last part of the hike was TOUGH and the group was glad that he had decided to turn back.
My hikers! Some of the little arches like this one were so neat! The rocks were very similar to those in southern utah only the coloring is lighter.
It still wanted to rain on us! Thankfully it was just a drizzle, I guess that is better than being really hot! :)
I took a couple shots of us as we were walking back to the truck. This area was just so interesting!
I really loved how pretty it was out on the horizon, but the rock formations were also very cool and interesting!
Like this one here- and these were BIG!
We love going on adventures in the truck! :)
This was our last afternoon there- one last small hike before heading back to camp. Right after taking this picture Carter accidentally swatted my hand into a barbed wire fence and guess which finger got stuck in it.... YUP, the one I had already injured! It hurt SO bad! Thankfully, I cleaned it up and it was fine!
Chan and I slept in this tent while we were there and it was nice! It got pretty chilly but we stayed plenty warm in there! I took this picture the morning we left- it was pretty windy! I was in the tent packing up and getting dressed and when I put my pants on I felt this leaf type feeling in my pants. I assumed it was a branch and went to pull it off and when I did I saw a HUGE bug! I freaked and shook it off and then tried to kill it with my shoe but it didn't work. So I ended up flicking it outside the tent door! UGH!!!!
The bug I saw looked similar to the one with the red background in this picture! EEEWWW! Thankfully I haven't had many of those type of things happen or I would say a very quick goodbye to camping!! :)
After we got all packed up we headed home very grateful for more time spent with family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment