On April 30th we got the unfortunate news that Chan's cousin Robb Gold passed away suddenly. They were roughly the same age and had spend their childhood going on family trips and then as adults worked together for years at the airport. I also became very close to them and their family. His wife Jana and I were very close and for many years were in a bowling league together while our kids were little. It was such a shock.
Robb's sweet wife Jana at the service. Her words were so moving. Robb had given her a gift the previous Christmas of small hand written notes of why he loved her. It was a small glimpse of the incredible relationship that they had. They had a sweet love for each other. A few months later her family had those same sweet notes framed for her so that she could have them forever. Such a precious gift from him that she can see every day.
I was very glad that they had a "celebration of life" for him on May 7th up at Alta. His sweet family were all there and his boys even spoke and performed there. They are all talented musicians. Chan and I were both in awe of their strength and were glad we could be there to support them and show our love for Robb. He will be missed by many.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment