Monday, February 20, 2017

Kids new ride!

(June 12, 2016)
 Another car for the kids! With Carter coming home soon we knew that another car was needed for Will and Brianne to drive. Carter would need to take the Subaru back to get himself to work and school, so I began to watch the classifieds to find something inexpensive that would get the kids to school & work.
 I came across this one and was impressed at how CLEAN it was! Especially the inside! For this price there is usually holes in seats or something! So I made arrangements to meet the owner and to take it for a test drive. It's a manual, which I like, I think it's a good thing for everyone to know how to drive a stick shift! Both my boys do and Brianne is next in line! They were asking $2500 but we got it for a little less than that. It ended up being a bit of a challenge to get the registration done since the title had been signed over so many times. I was grateful I hadn't gotten rid of the owners information so I could go over and have him sign a bill of sale. Once that was squared away it was only a $35 fix for a tail light and we were registered and good to go!
 About 2 weeks later I got a call from Will after football practice saying it broke down. Thankfully nothing bad happened considering it basically locked up in the middle of an intersection! He couldn't get it into gear! He rolled into a parking lot and called me. I came down and sure enough, it would NOT go into gear. I called my mechanic friend and found out the clutch was out. :( Not what I wanted to hear. He had to replace the entire thing. Thankfully, because he was a friend it wasn't as bad as it could have been!
We've run into a few other hiccups too with this car- like the front bumper keeps wanting to fall off! Haha! But all in all it's been pretty dang good! When you don't pay a lot for a car you have to expect issues! We've put more into it than I care to admit, but I am still grateful that we have it for them to drive! Fingers crossed it lasts a while! :)

PS- the kids named him Harrison

No comments: