(August 13, 2016)
It's the final countdown to Carters arrival so we were in full swing of cleaning the house and making sure all was ready to go! Chan and I were in the garage cleaning up and throwing things out. I was sweeping up because we were almost done. I moved our gas grass trimmer out of the way so that I could sweep the corner and I stood it on it's end and when I looked out of the corner of my eye I could see it moving. So I tried to grab it but the motor end of it smashed my finger in between that and the lawn mower. I immediately knew it was bad, you can just tell, so I looked at it and saw blood. I yelled for Chan and said "it's bad honey we've got to go to the hospital". So Will grabbed me some paper towel to put around it, Chan got the keys and off we went!
This is how it looked when we first got there. I was in SO MUCH PAIN! It was just terrible! And I was worried because my hands were NOT clean since I had been cleaning the garage. Not gonna lie to you I cried the entire way there!
SO the first order of business was cleaning it out and getting an x-ray. The cleaning part was terrible and stung like crazy, even with numbing meds! It tuns out that I fractured the end of my finger and almost cut off the entire tip.
Thankfully they were able to clean it up and put in 12 stitches to keep it intact.
But the pain was still totally awful! I'm not one for taking pain meds but I was more than happy to get help with this one! It just throbbed!!!
This is what I left with... cute right? Just what you want to be dealing with when you have a missionary coming home! And Chan kept trying to make me smile and at one point during the hospital he said, "Well thanks to my surgeries we've met our deductable so all your care is paid for!" I guess that's ONE positive! Haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment