Once I started my new job (which is going very well and I LOVE) I discovered that I needed to have a way to communicate more effectively with my family on the ways they can help around the house. I also cannot tell you how many times I found myself saying to one of my kids, "When are you working? What are the hours again?" or "When is your practice?" So I decided I needed to DO something about it! So I came up with the idea to have a family meeting every Sunday night. I make a calendar for the week that shows everyone's schedule, dinner plans for each day as well as chores that need to be completed. It seems a bit silly that this is necessary given everyone is older and SHOULD just chip in etc, but it just wasn't happening!
Here's an example one. I initially started off by making everyone's schedule color coded, but I decided later that was too much work to put in. So now I just make sure it's all in there! And obviously I don't always get dinners planned out. It's my goal, but some times it just doesn't happen! And I ask the kids to mark off the chores as they do them so I know they've been done and I can check on them if necessary. I have to say that this method has been great so far! Everyone knows what the other is doing and I am getting the help I need at home! Win for all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment