But before the rain got going we went on a little walk with Gamma and enjoyed relaxing around the camp site.
We soon discovered that there was a different spot available and that we could all be closer together so we helped Papa hook up his trailer again and moved it over by the rest of the family. Didn't take long at all with everyone's help!
The next morning Chan and I cooked breakfast for the whole gang. we were in the middle of cooking eggs when the rain decided to come and stay! And it was CRAZY rain! It rained like that for the remainder of the trip!
It did make the creeks run harder though which was cool, I love the sound they make. It's so calming!
Sophie made the best of it playing with her HUGE umbrella!
We did have a few times where the rain would do a lull and then we'd get out and walk and check out our surroundings.
Chan and Will also brought their RC cars and found a huge grass area to go and run them. They were out there for a long time!
Will was our bravest camper! He slept in a tent even though the rain was trying to drown him! Haha! But the tent did stay dry which is awesome! I kept waiting for him to come into the trailer in the middle of the night but it never happened! But after this trip we retired this tent and got a NEW one!
Brooke, Me and Annie. I am pretty lucky to have two great sis in laws! It was a fun trip even though the weather tried to dampen it! I never thought of myself as a "camper" but I do enjoy it from time to time. I think the reason is family. when your out in nature and the distractions are fewer you can really take time to talk and enjoy each other. That's what it's all about!
No comments:
Post a Comment