I say "New job" even though it's at the same place! In March the opportunity came up in our office at work. It was another part time position but the hours were a little different and the pay was a bit more. When I first heard of it I wasn't sure I wanted to take it on, but after talking to fellow employees I decided I would apply. I felt pretty good about it but wasn't certain I would get it.
Well I DID!!!! Here's my official business card! I feel SO official!! I am the part time administrative assistant over all part time education support professionals. It sounds VERY tough, but it's actually quite fun! I process all the paperwork for new part time employees as well as transfers, resigantions etc. Anything related to part time employees in our district is my responsibility.
The day after we returned from St George it was my first day on the job! I was super nervous but when I arrived my desk was decorated by my co-workers who were very excited for me! Aren't they the sweetest! Janet, Alyce, Heidi and Gina all sit right around me as well as the ladies I worked with formerly at the front desk- Janet S, Ricki and Sherri.
I had my new items I purchased on my desk along with a sweet plant from them as well. Paulette, my boss, let me pick out a mouse pad I liked too :)
Here are the frames I purchased, as well as the silk flowers and candy dish. The plaque is a gift Kelly gave me years ago that matched perfectly.
When I woke up that morning I came downstairs to find this sweet note from Will.....
Isn't he the sweetest thing!! And I took him up on it and went right to the gas station for a drink and a treat!
Thanks Will!! :) It was the perfect addition to get me through my first day! It is A LOT more to learn and I am getting adjusted thanks to a lot of help from my work friends! They are being very patient with me!
Later the same week our boss bought shakes for all of us for the "Great Utah Shake Out". It's a earthquake awareness day but he figured this type of shake worked fine too! Hahaha! YUMMY!!
I am so grateful for this job! I LOVE it! I work every day from 10am-2pm which is ideal since I still have kids in school. I love that I can be there when they leave and I'm home when they get home. Just perfect! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment