Sunday, October 5, 2014

Salon makeover!

This summer I got a call from a friend in my Ward (Pam) and she asked me if I would be interested in doing a BIG surprise for a fellow friend (Toni) and ward member. As soon as she told me what it was I was IN! This fellow friend is a hairdresser and works out of her home. She has used her laundry room for years to do hair and she does an amazing job! (I would know) However, the room was in need of serious TLC!

 I took a few "before pictures- notice the ceiling & window in this one.
 This area she also had laundry hampers etc and always had clothes hanging on that rod.
And this one you can really see the need for a better ceiling! Yikes! Every time I came to get my hair done she would talk about how "someday" she'll make this place nicer. Maybe paint etc.... well her dream was about to come true! She was leaving for 2 weeks with her family to go to some basketball tournaments and her hubby was in on it and got us her keys!

My friend Pam and I got to work! It took over a week to clean, paint, organize, fix (and with the help of her husband who is a contractor) install a new ceiling and divider to help hide the water heater, ducting etc. It was amazing how in sync she and I were on design! Everything we did flowed and it turned out SOOOO good!
 We each bought several items to make the room much more usable and better for her. In this picture above you can see the rolling tray, two hooks, broom and trash can that I purchased.
 We also did LOTS of pretty touches so that she would ENJOY spending so much time in here! I love how in this above picture we covered the ugly window, installed a soap shelf and even painted the water faucet knobs to match! My favorite touch is the vinyl sticker I had made for her mirror that says Toni's Place :) I always told her that would be a fun thing to do!
It wasn't "perfect" but it was dang close! When they returned it was very late but her husband got her down there to see it and she was in tears! She couldn't believe someone would go to that much work for her! It was so fun to do! It was HARD work and man did we SWEAT! But Pam and I had a blast doing it and Toni's reaction was SOOOO worth it! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Oh my gosh, that is so neat!!! It looks great!! I wish I had a friend like you living so close! :)