Sunday, October 19, 2014

Last few days with Carter

 On September 9th I took the day off work because I HAD to spend a day with my son! I knew that the 10th was going to be hard and I just wanted to spend the day with him and have some FUN! We started our day off at the bank... yuck... but had to be done! Then we were off to meet Chan to have some lunch :)
 We grabbed Dad and went next door to Red Rock to have some yummy food! And I swear that the waitress was flirting with Carter, and he was giving it right back! Hilarious! We were laughing a lot and giving Carter a lot of grief about how hard it was going to be to give up his phone! He was on it A TON the last few days before he left! Then we were off to a movie! Carter and I really wanted to see "When the Game Stands Tall" which is a football movie that had come out weeks earlier. It was the PERFECT ending to our day together! It was a GREAT show with a great message! Once that was over it was time to pick up Brianne from school and get home and prepare for his setting apart.
 You can see in his face how excited he was! It was so incredible to have the entire Stake Presidency and our Bishopric at our home! WOW! They are all wonderful men and superior examples of living the gospel. We were able to sit for a few minutes and visit with them and they asked Chan, Myself and Bishop to bear our testimonies. That was rough... I had bore my testimony the Sunday before and explained how the Lord had given me peace and how grateful I was for the gospel and the knowledge it gives. I literally could NOT let him go if I didn't have that. Then Chan spoke of the example that Carter has been for our family and how HIS testimony was strengthened from him. And all the comments given that night were incredible- especially the setting apart itself.
 Once that blessing was given he was official and we couldn't let him out of our sight! We assigned Will to be his buddy :) We spent the rest of the evening with Carter as he said goodbye to a couple friends!
 Will and Brianne are so proud of their brother! Can't you just SEE it!
 And what a pleasure it was to have Jaden with us that night! He and Carter have been friends since 4th grade! He was one of the first friends Carter made when we moved to Sandy! He was able to participate in his setting apart and will JOIN Carter in the same exact mission! He goes out about a month after Carter arrives! It was unreal! These two will be awesome together! I hope they get that opportunity to be companions!
Going to sleep that night was like Christmas! I had a hard time falling asleep because I was going over everything that was going to happen the next day! But as I said earlier, the Lord is amazing and he has given both Chan and I the strength we need to let go of this amazing kid! He is going to bless SO MANY lives! We are truly blessed to be his parents!

No comments: