Once the time finally arrived in the summer to suit up for camp and start hitting Will had REALLY improved over last year! He was one of the strongest on the Sophomore team! And since they were in a real need for "big guys" on the O & D line Will was recruited to play there vs be a linebacker like he was last year. To say I was shocked is an understatement! And I'm sure Carter NEVER thought he would be coaching his brother! Oh well- that's how things go sometimes! It wasn't too far a stretch as Will played D-line when he was in little league. O-line was a little tougher for him to do even though he had done that before too. At the first game he hardly came out of the game! He played both sides of the ball & special teams! It was crazy! This is exactly what I wanted to have happen- I wanted him to get as much experience on the field as possible and that is what was happening! Yay!
When the Black & Silver game arrived in August I felt a bit overwhelmed! The season was officially beginning and I still had a TON on my plate as Booster President, but it was somehow all getting done! Whew! However, I didn't get ANY good pictures that night! I did remember to get some at our next Sophomore game against Pleasant Grove and this was a BIG game! Carter was on the field coaching the boys and helping run the defense.
It was fun to see both my boys on the same field again! It reminded me of the pictures I would take of Carter whispering into Will's ear at his little league games.
At home it didn't stop either! There was a few times they even went into the front yard to work on steps etc! It was awesome to see!
Will was improving with each practice and the PG game he played great!
Carter did a great job coaching too- I could really see him doing this in his future!
This game was a true nail biter and even went into over time! Unfortunately we lost by 1 point! But it was a great game and we were VERY proud of Will! He played his guts out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Losses are so hard, but 1-point losses.... YUCK!
Post a Comment