On September 22nd Carter was off to the airport to fly out to Orlando. He left the MTC in the very early morning hours and hopped on to a commuter train called "Frontrunner" and then caught the light rail train out to the airport. We had initially wanted to meet him out at the airport, but after emails and a letter from him, he told us it would be best if we didn't. I will admit I was VERY bummed, but I also understood. He was just getting to where he wasn't very homesick and seeing us could set him back. So instead of going out there we were able to talk to him on the phone! What a blessing!!!
We had mailed him a phone card and were able to visit with him on the phone for about 30 minutes. He sounded WONDERFUL and very happy! He told us briefly about his time in the MTC and how glad he was to finally be going out to Florida! It was tough on him to be so close to home, but loved the emails, letters and the cookies we had sent to him there. He LOVED the people there and said he learned a lot. He told us he would be letting us know when he arrived safely in Florida. We told each other we loved one another and that was it! We were all able to participate in the phone call because I had him on speaker so Brianne and Will could hear- and Chan was conferenced in on the call so he was a part of it too.
Later that night I got an email from him and all it said was "I MADE IT!!!!!!!" and that he would be writing us soon. His mission has a website and after a few weeks we found this posted on there. This is all of the missionaries that came the same day as him. And the picture on top is of Carter and his current companion Elder Bagshaw! Aren't they CUTE! That following week was a rough one for me. My mind kept worrying about all kinds of things! Did he forget anything, did he get the box of items I sent, was he handling the schedule okay, was riding the bike going alright......... and on and on. I just needed to know he was doing okay! That following Monday when his email came was a HUGE relief! He never skipped a beat! He went right out and hit the ground running! He is doing amazing and loves it there! Such a blessing! Now I relish in his weekly emails and letters- I love them all! They bring such peace and MUCH JOY! Yay for missionaries!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would be bummed, too, to not go to the airport, but I think that's awesome of him to recognize that would be best for him. I'm so excited that he's THERE and definitely hitting the ground running. What an awesome kid. Can't wait for more updates!
Post a Comment