Chan's surgery today and hopefully his LAST! James and Carter were able to give Chan a blessing last night so we feel as good as we can about heading in this morning for the procedure. At this point I just want him to be pain free!
This time around Brianne didn't want me to be alone so she decided to skip school and to come and stay with me while Chan was in getting the surgery. We got him all checked in with the nurses and did all the usual stuff.
Brianne even gave her Dad a little message on his board! After they got him checked in we said goodbye as they wheeled him up to surgery. Brianne and I decided to go and get some breakfast at the cafeteria while we waited. We got there, got our food and sat down and I got a call on my phone. It was the surgical nurse and she told us that the surgery had been postponed a bit because the general surgeon who would be preparing the belly for his other surgeon was still finishing another procedure. So we inhaled our food and went up to meet Chan in a waiting area. This room was terrible, truthfully. It was like being in a closet! It was hot, there was no bathroom or TV and we barely fit in there. We were in this room for over 2 hours! Chan hadn't eaten or had any meds so he was in so much pain. It was awful. Thankfully, they were finally ready and took him in to get the surgery.
After a couple hours Dr Berry finally popped in to let us know how it all went. I was releived to see that as he was approaching me he was smiling! He said all went exactly as planned and that he should have no more problems from here on out! YAAAAYYYY!!!!
I was so happy! I was also happy that this doctor was putting Chan's needs before his own- he didn't charge us at all for his services on the last two procedures. He felt it shouldn't have happened at all (which is shouldn't have) so he did the right thing and didn't ask for compensation. I wish that was true for all the OTHER doctors and staff, but we know it was necessary to get him better.
When he woke up after the surgery he immediately smiled and said the pain was gone. I am sure some of the reason was that the anesthesia was still wearing off, but either way it was just wonderful to see him smile and not hurting anymore.
He stayed overnight so they could monitor him, with all the delays of the day he didn't get done until evening, so it was necessary.
Here's the winning smile! Hopefully this is the LAST one of these for this guy!!! I love you Chan and am so grateful you're feeling better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment