After years of driving around a huge Ford Excursion that we named Eddie, it was time to let him go! It hardly made sense for one person to drive such a large vehicle! So after thinking it over we put Eddie up for sale.
We had it up on a local site for a few days but didn't really have a lot of interest.
Given how long we had it I felt it was in incredible shape! I take very good care of my cars! I'm pretty sure it stems from working in a car wash when I was a teen! LOL!
There was a few little things on the paint etc, but truthfully for the most part it ran great and was looking excellent!
I was not only ready for something new, I was also VERY tired of having to plug it in during the wintertime. Yes, I said plug it in! It is a diesel engine and would get VERY cold, so I would plug it in at night so that we could use a block warmer. It made it easier for me to get going faster. Otherwise I had to sit in the driveway and let it warm up for about 15 to 20 minutes.
I did this for YEARS! But I didn't mind doing it because I needed the space etc! I have loved the many vacations etc in this truck! The space was wonderful!
Anyway, after a couple days on the for sale site we decided to try our hand at trading it in instead.
So we decided to go to a local dealership where a friend of ours worked. His name is Hank and he was Will's FIRST football coach in little league! I very good guy and he was the used car manager.
He helped us get a fantastic trade in value for the truck, so now it was time to figure out what to get!
I will say it was harder saying goodbye to the truck then I thought!
I actually went over and physically said goodbye to him! I know, it's weird, but he was a good truck for me and I actually felt bad leaving him behind!
Thanks Eddie for being such an awesome truck for us all those years! We will never forger the many memories we had with you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment