On Friday the 18th I jumped on a plane after work and headed to Oklahoma! My nephew Brigham left for his mission on the 14th fro Curitiba Brazil and I KNEW that my sister and her family were going to need a visit! Especially my sister- I know how hard that first week of him being away was going to be so I wanted to make it FUN! I arrived LATE on Friday night so after a short visit we all went to bed! Saturday Lisa and I and the kids went out shopping a bit! We went to Hobby Lobby to get a frame for Brigham's picture to hang on the wall and while we were there I bought some silly fall crafts we could do together :) We also hit the dollar store and even went to check out the pet adoption event going on at Petco just for fun! It was a fun day!
Car Selfie with the Godwins! :)
Brigham's mission picture in the frame we picked out!
Sunday morning we all went to church. Their chapel is right next to the temple! How cool is THAT! It was pouring that day!!! We were hoping to get from the car to the church without getting drenched! Then Lisa told me that they have their YW class across the street in a members home! I was like WHAT?!!! Apparently their Ward has gotten so big that there aren't any classrooms left so off we went across the street....
We have it in a home in their living room! OKAY!!!! Isn't that crazy?! But it IS a lovely home and was very cozy for our lesson! :)
I snapped this of Sam ad I when we were walking back after YW! She's getting so big and gorgeous! After church we went home and had some dinner. I also helped Lisa start a blog for Brigham's mission. She had a blog years ago but couldn't remember how to do it! And truthfully I think I started her old blog too! hahaha!
We did a lot of laying around and visiting and laughing! I taught the family Carter's game about naming your last poop with a movie title! Steve and I were laughing so hard at times I couldn't breathe! It was hilarious!! He had some GOOD ones like Blazing Saddles, risky buisness and fast and furious! Hahaha! I know it's kinda gross- but FUNNY!!!! :) And it made everyone laugh which is what I was going for!
Sunday night we did our crafts! This garland is a small craft we got from Hobby Lobby for $2.50! It turned out so cute!
Then we went on to our silly wood coloring crafts! These are really for little kids, but it was fun to do! I am bummed I didn't get a photo of Alex's turkey she did because it was AWESOME!
I was glad that Sammy had a ton of sharpies to use because the colors on those are much better!
I did a turkey! He didn't turn out as good as Alex but it was fun!
That night Lisa, Alex and I went out on her front porch to chat and we watched the sun go down. It's so pretty where they live and the sunrise/sunsets are always breathtaking.
The next day it was just Lisa, Alex and myself and we had a lot of fun! We went to a large Christian bookstore that had really neat stuff! Lisa had always just driven by so I told her we should check it out! I actually got a few cool items for Carter for Christmas! Win win! we also went to the dollar tree where we found these sill masks! Alex in the dino one KILLS me!!!
This I may have purchased if I didn't have to pack it for home! Is that not the funniest mask you have ever seen! Put on an adult footed PJ and your SET! Haha!
I snapped this photo my last morning in OKC from Brigham room- it could be a post card!
On this day we went to get pedi's! I haven't treated myself to one of these in a long time and this place was fabulous! They did a great job!
After the pedi we headed to get a treat at their favorite cupcake place where I discovered....
the "Cake Parfait"!! Ummmm YES PLEASE! It's basically cake and frosting layers in a cup! And it was fantastic! I am glad it's 2000 miles away or I would go too often! Haha!
It was such a fun trip and I am so grateful I was able to be there for my sister! I think I needed it as much as SHE did! It was wonderful and I wish it happened more often! I have really amazing sisters (and I am NOT biased at all!) Haha!
Chan did an awesome job with the kiddos while I was gone and even took them out to breakfast one morning. How blessed I am to have the family that I have! Love them ALL!! :)
One funny side note is while I was there I was looking through old photo albums and found this gem...
It was taken in Lisa's apartment before we were married! When I saw it my first thought was- I remember that orange shirt! He wore that all the time! Haha! Then I was struck by just how YOUNG we are! So funny! Had to share! And I love this guy even more today! I'm a lucky lady! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment