Wednesday, September 9, 2015

JV game against Hillcrest

 About two days before this game the coaches decided to throw together a JV team.... I'm not kidding! Our Varsity was so small in numbers that we didn't think a JV team was going to happen, but they pulled up a few from the Sophomore team and went for it.
 In some ways I am grateful because it meant that Will can get some good play time in! When your not a starter and the game is tight the likely hood of you standing on the sidelines is higher. So I like the JV team because he IS a starter for JV!  (Don't you love how this guy in the picture above is totally holding!! )
 We played Hillcrest, which is not a team we have played in the past. These guys were big boys and some of them were actually starting varsity players, at least that is what we were told. Will played everything but offense and did a great job. You could tell the weather was getting to him a bit, it was CRAZY hot that day!!! We were under umbrellas and still dying of heat!! But he played well even though he was getting tired.
With each game I can see improvement which is all you can ask for! Thankfully after each game they send the boys their film so they can watch themselves and find areas they can improve on. It's a wonderful tool! I just love football!! Way to go Will! They fought hard and came away with the WIN! Woo Hoo!

No comments: