Monday, February 19, 2018

Thanksgiving 2016


This year was a little different as Tom and Kathy didn't have their house anymore, we had to find a new spot to do Thanksgiving. Brooke was more than willing to offer up her place!


I was grateful that she already had her tree up so we could get a few photos by the tree to add to a Christmas card! Especially since it was our first holiday season back together as a family! YAY!


The colors on the trees were fabulous too, so I grabbed a couple shots of the kids outdoors.


They all looked to nice too! I loved Will's tie! It's one of his favorite "sock" ties!


This sweater just brought out Brianne's gorgeous eyes! She is such a beautiful girl!


Thanksgiving food is always one of my favorites! The smells alone are intoxicating! LOL!


We all help out in making the different foods. Usually we all take two or three assignments so that not one person is doing too much!


In Chan's family there's a few other traditions as well. There is almost always stuffed celery to nibble on before dinner, and back when Mema was around the potato water had to be saved to make the gravy! Boy, don't throw that out or your in trouble! Haha!


I loved these signs that Brooke's kids made for their kids table! So cute!


Chan usually helps carve the turkey with his Dad. In his family everything is cut and placed in serving trays and then it's a load up your own plate kind of thing! I love that!


Back when Mema did this dinner it was a sit at the table kind of thing, so I am glad it's gotten a bit more casual. we sit around and talk about the holidays and happenings in the family.


With these kids there's usually some kind of "plate check" to make sure they ate enough to get dessert! It's hilarious! My kids never had that issue! LOL!


One of the favorites for Thanksgiving is Mema's Parker House rolls! Chan usually makes them every year, but I think it's time he teaches the kids- maybe Brianne can start making them! Haha!


Another favorite is that cranberry salad, but I do think it's a bit strange that Chan's family put mayo on it! EEEWWWW! I like it without, but they swear that it helps take out some of the sweetness!


It was a beautiful Thanksgiving. I felt truly blessed to have my family all under one roof! I love them so much!

No comments: