This year since money was a little tight and I wanted to do something special I decided to learn how to make these wreath pins that Grandma Gilbert had made for the family years ago. She gave me mine not long after I married Chan and she gave them to all the other ladies too. We wear them every year when we get together for Christmas. But Brianne didn't have one and neither did Sophie or Chloe- Brooke and Annies girls. AND Brooke had lost hers years ago. So I reached out to my friend Jennie, who is a master crafter, and got her help to learn how!
For weeks I sat at the table or in front of the TV with my huge thing of yarn making these! The original one I made (pictured above) I used a plastic ring I bought at a craft store to crochet around. But I quickly noticed it was bulky and it needed to be something smaller. The answer was water bottle plastic rings! The part that is left after you twist off the cap! I saved TONS of them and made enough wreaths for my friends, family and work colleagues. When I made my last one I was relieved! It was a LOT of time and effort! But I am glad I did it! Everyone loved them!
Brianne and I also took a day to do some other Christmas crafting. Mostly the wood crafts that I had on hand that were not yet finished. We had fun working on them together!
I think the small pins turned out pretty- here is my Mom wearing hers on Christmas day! Don't you love it! It's a great tradition! :) Glad I could share it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment