Monday, February 19, 2018

Oct. 20, 2016- Fall Break Fun


The biggest news is Tom and Kathy sold their house. They had lived here since 1989, had many memories there, and our kids and family too! Carter's baby blessing was here and MANY more memories over the years. But it was time for them to move on and to downsize and make new memories!


Our kids were super bummed at first, but then they jumped on board and over the next while helped their grandparents do some moving. We actually didn't do a ton because they hired a moving service, but we did help them with a few items.




This was a couple of the things we helped with! They gave us these two couches and table. These couches had a big memory for me. It was where I sat with my parents, Chan and his family on our first Christmas together before we got married. It's where my parents presented us with gifts, which was our temple clothing. It's something I will never forget! I was thrilled that they were okay with us having them. They look so good in our house too! :)


The other big event for fall break was going to Pentatonix concert with Brianne. She was OVER THE MOON excited to see them in person! I was too! They are by far the best accapella group I have ever heard! And we were RIGHT IN FRONT of the stage! It was incredible!


We loved every single song and we stood the ENTIRE concert! Not gonna lie, my legs and feet were DYING by the time I made it back to our car! But it was so worth it! And I loved sharing this concert with Brianne! We had dinner together at Cracker Barrel first and then sang our hearts out in the Maverik Center!


Seeing them in person was WAY better! I thought hearing their recorded music was great but DANG!! They just knocked every single song out of the park!!


Brianne makes fun of me when I take pictures like this one, but it's a fun memory of the two of us, getting special bracelets to allow us to be on the floor! How could I NOT get a photo of that!!


The other thing that was amazing was their stage, lighting etc! I was not expecting such a "show"! But the programs they had going along with their music was so cool!

I especially loved these panels they had with images behind them- it was awesome! Definitely a night to remember! I am glad I got to share it with her!

Other than those two things we hung at home, worked more in the yard, and watched the new Ghostbusters movie as a family on Sunday. It was a good weekend! :)

No comments: