
Every year here in our area they hold a huge fundraiser for the local children's hospital. It's a HUGE deal! In fact the people who organize it start in February to get things organized and make decisions on committees etc! It's awesome! I have always wanted to be a part of this event! I have gone to it for a long time, but always wanted to do more. Last year I volunteered to work at the show and had an awesome time! So much so that I spoke to a lady in my neighborhood who has been a committee chair for years and told her to think of me next year if she needed help. Well I got a call from her about a month ago and she needed help!

One of the things they have there is an area for kids where they can buy inexpensive gifts. This little light bulb guy is full of candy and they needed me to make 17 of these guys! So thankfully, with the help of my Mom's sewing skills while she was here, we got these guys done pretty fast. :)

Then she needed me to make 10 crafts to sell at the boutique there. So, off I went to a local store where they sell wood crafts already cut but need to be finished. I got 2 of these...

Yup it's a cute reindeer! I loved these!

And I got 6 of these- can you tell what it's going to be?

It's a snowman! And I am kicking myself that I forgot to take pictures of the two Santa's I did! It was so fun to do and I am thrilled I got to play a small part in such a great cause. I still have one thing left to do and that's work the show coming up in November and I am looking forward to it! I hope I'll get that call again next year!
3 comments:
How fun!! They look great. What could be better--you get to do CRAFTS and do something for a GOOD CAUSE. win-win! :) They are darling!
That sounds wonderful, Andee--what an amazing thing to be a part of! Your crafts are darling!!!
That's great! Good for you for being involved and those are cute crafts, too!
Post a Comment