Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nacho Fridays!

This is not something you normally see when walking into the average kitchen! Over the summer when Carter was doing "Hell Week" for football tryouts he wanted a steady stream of nachos. It was what he was craving to eat. So Chan came up with the genius idea to bring home this nacho machine! They had 2 of these in their stores that we recently closed so all we had to do was order some cheese and we were good to go! Well when you order cheese it comes in these "bladders" and each one weighs in at 8 pounds! And on top of that you have to order a case at a time with a total of 4 bladders! Well we figured what the heck! Obviously it didn't all get eaten during Hell Week, so I started to tell Carter to invite friends over for a nacho party.... and so nacho Fridays began!
This is a shot of Carter and two of his friends Trevor and Parker. They have been coming over for Nacho Fridays for about 5 weeks straight! Some other football friends have heard about it too and I've had as many as 5 boys to pick up on a Friday after school! They all come in and load up their plates and eat and eat! And they have a bit of Kool-aid to wash it all down! It's turned into a fun tradition and I just love these boys! It's so fun to pick them all up and watch them hang out! And I'm happy to report we only have 1 bladder left! Yay! Goal is almost achieved! But you watch, now that it's a tradition, they're going to want us to buy more! Here we go.....

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That is a REALLY cool tradition!!! What a great thing to do!

Angela said...

How fun! If I'm ever in town on a Friday - I know where to show up :)

Company EIGHT said...

What a great idea! I'm sure those boys absolutely love it. You are amazing!