Monday, September 19, 2011

Homecoming 2011

It was BIG day here at our house this past Saturday! Carter has been preparing for a few weeks for it- everything from asking this darling girl in the photo, to ordering a corsage and planning the day!
Chan helped Carter come up with a cute way to ask Jaimee- he found an idea on the Internet and I helped him execute it! We bought a plain white T shirt and put "who will it be" in sharpie marker on the front and his name in sharpie on the back along with a lot of other names in washable marker. She had to wash the shirt to find out who it was!
Then we made a poster that said, "I want to take you for a "spin" on the dance floor at Homecoming but to find out who I am you must first put the shirt through a "spin" cycle!" Carter, his friend Trevor and I drove it over and left it on her door step and a few days later her response was a Little Ceasers Pizza left on our door step with a note that said, "Your hot, I'm ready, let's go to Homecoming!"
So then it was time to PLAN! Carter and his fellow guy friends did pretty much all of it! It was a huge group of 26 kids that all did their stuff together! They started with a day date of laser tag and then took their dates home to get ready!
Then it was off to Olive Garden for dinner, followed by the dance, then an after party at one of the girls house where they got to swim and hang out. He was just so excited for all of it and it truly met all his expectations! All the tips I had given him on how to treat his date were helpful and he was a true gentleman! But I have to say I was never worried because I KNEW he would be!
This is the small group I got to take to Olive Garden! From right it's Jaimee, Carter, Caitelyn and Mason. Aren't they so cute! It was a great night and I look forward to seeing what comes next! And Carter... you looked awesome!!

4 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

How very cool!! They look so nice. I love the creative date ideas. Very fun. I love the huge group doing fun stuff all day long, too. Sounds awesome.

Company EIGHT said...

What a darling couple! Sounds like they had a great time doing so many fun things!

It's just so crazy to read about OUR kids going to dances...doesn't it just seem like we were the ones doing the same thing?

Angela said...

I LOVE the way he asked and the way she responded! I was always jealous of those cute Utah dances growing up!! They looked super!

Amy said...

How cute are they!?! Ditto with what Ang said--those Utah dances and asking out are just so cute and wholesome and fun. Love it.