Will's first day of football trouts was while I was in Arizona. I have a difficult time missing things, but this was for a good reason, and Chan was happy to help out.
The week after I got back I took him every day. Carter came a few times as well and even helped out an old coach by watching some of the lineman. I always do my best to give him advice but I have to admit that the tryout weeks always make me anxious!
Will had an especially hard tryout week this year because he was with a different group. Usually my kids are automatically with the lineman, but this year he was really close to the X weight so he was put with linebackers and running backs! This was a challenge for him given he's never had to run or catch a ball!
There were lots of areas where I was cringing because he was dropping balls left and right! But he did do well on agility's etc.
One of the nights Brianne and Halle came and watched and hung out.
You sure can't beat the view from their practice field this year! It's beautiful!
On one of the nights the Alta High football coaches came and talked to the kids. It was neat and the boys really enjoyed it. With the new high school in Draper being built I'm sure part of it was them getting the boys to play for Alta! :)
Will worked his bootie off and was really trying not to get his hopes up but he told me a couple of times that he really wanted to be on Coach Hill's team again. And I have to admit.... so did I!
Thankfully after a really long week they announced the teams on Saturday morning. Will was thrilled to discover that he did make Coach Hill's black team! Yay! The pictures at the top were of the day he found out. I wish I had gotten a photo of him when they called his name! He was like.. "YES"!
He's on a fantastic team! I cannot wait to see what they do this year! Way to go Will we are SO proud!
Also, it's important to note that a few weeks later he decided to try to go under 140 lbs so that he could carry the ball if he wanted. So, he went on a diet and lost 6 pounds and made weight! So he is the first Crismon to NOT have an X on his helmet! Woo hoo! Can't wait to see him try something new!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! That's impressive. I think his goal to be under 140 to see what positions he could play is cool. It makes him versatile. I'm excited to see what he ends up doing! I'm glad he got the team he wanted, too. Woo hoo!
Post a Comment