Thursday, August 23, 2012

Black and Silver Game

 Another tradition at Alta is the Black and Silver game. It's the high school teams that play each other and it's a fund raiser for the team. It's always fun to watch, but at times can be confusing because it's hard to keep track of which team is which since we are all the same color! At Alta the offensive players wear white and the defensive players wear black no matter what team your on! So you had to pay attention! It's a bit easier for us because we have a kid playing and we know a lot of the other players as well :)
 Carter played great and got quite a bit of varsity time! We were very proud of him! He's really competing well!
 And you could tell he was having fun which is the best part! What good is all this practice and hard work if you can't have a little fun too! He's got some great friends on the team and has a blast on and off the field with them. He has told me that there is a unique brotherhood on this team and he's excited to see what they can do.
 Last year when Carter played high school the height difference from him to the other players was noticeable, but this year he's hanging right in with them! He's still hoping he'll grow a bit too!
 One of the funniest parts about going to this game was afterwards. As we were walking out with him there were several girls who were doing this, "Hiiiiiiiii Caaarrrtttteerr", (can you hear the whiny voice in your head?) It was hilarious! And some of them were telling him to text them so they could hang out right in front of US! We got such a kick out of that! It was a riot! Plus it was fun to tease HIM about it!
 The Junior players were asked to bring a basket to raffle for their silent auction fundraiser and so I decided to make something instead of try to hound a business for some free stuff! So I went to my local wood crafting store and got the stuff to make these :) I LOVE them! I think they turned out pretty dang cute! In fact, I like them enough that I may make them again so I can keep them this time!
All in all it was a great time! Brianne, Will, Kathy, Tom and Grandma and Grandpa Gilbert were all able to attend as well. We had a lot of fun visiting and watching the game. It only gets us more excited for the real games to begin!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Ooh, I love the crafts. those are DARLING!!! I love the story of the girls yelling for him to text them. HILARIOUS!