After a few days of being home from Lake Powell I was already packing more bags for Carter to go to Snow Camp. And as usual I took him to the grocery store to buy special treats etc for him to take along. This was an exciting year for Snow since Carter had been working so hard in the off season. He left on a Sunday night and we went down on Wednesday night and stayed in Ephraim so we'd be up early and get to his scrimmage in time. When we arrived at Snow College the next morning we could see some Alta players already out warming up so we parked and were trying to find Carter. We realized fairly quickly that the boys we saw were the JV team, but we didn't see Carter among them! A GREAT sign! We ran into Carter and Nate (pictured above) shortly after and they filled us in...
Carter and Nate had been roomies, along with a few other buddies, but he and Nate were not dressed yet so we asked them what was going on. He said that he and Nate had made the varsity team!! YAY!!! All the hard work had paid off! He is in the starting line up for the offensive line- he is number 77 in his practice jersey.
It was thrilling to see him play with all the "big boys"! And their team played very well.
The coach for the O-line is Coach Coggins and I am thrilled that Carter gets to learn from him- he's a fantastic coach!
Carter had a very fun week! It was the first year that the boys got to choose who they roomed with, so of course it was a dorm of buddies! They did some goofing off, but all in good fun! I knew he was excited to go and before he left he never seemed nervous. But I knew once he got up Monday morning for the first practice it would hit him, so I wrote a note to him in a card and stuffed it in his equipment bag. He found it that Monday morning and was grateful because I was right and he WAS nervous! Once he got out there and showed what he had the nervousness slowly faded and he did great!
Chan and I couldn't be more proud of Carter! We are so excited to see how this year plays out on the field!
Way to go Carter! We love you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always think it's so fascinating when you post stuff about the sports your kids are involved in (because I was never in sports in high school, and all of my kids are into other things like art and don't want to do team sports), but it's so cool and a whole other world to hear about!!
Post a Comment