Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brianne's Play!

 Brianne did a summer theater camp again this year. It's the same girl who did it last year and she only does it for the neighborhood kids, which I think is so fun! Last year it was a musical and this year it was a play!
 The name of the play was "Willabella's Witches Last Spell". It was a bit of a comedy and used a lot of common stories that the kids were familiar with. Brianne was Hansel and pictured here are her friends Madison and Makayla who played a prince who was turned into a frog and Rapunzel.
 My pictures are a bit out of order and this was Brianne after her final performance as we celebrated at our favorite pizza joint! She just looked so dang cute I had to snap a photo!
Chan, Carter and Will came to Saturdays performance but had to miss Fridays because they were at Carter's first game in Provo. So I was the lucky one that got to see it twice! But Gamma Kathy also came to watch with me on Friday.
 She did such a great job and never messed up any of her lines! She worried about it all summer too! But I knew once she got to practicing that she'd be able to do it!
 This was one of my favorite parts- Hansel stole the witches broom and was riding around and got "stuck on the roof"! I loved seeing her head pop up over the curtain! It got a great laugh!
 Here is Hansel and her twin Gretel! Aren't they cute together! I can totally see Brianne getting into theater! It suits her well and she really enjoys it, especially when she can do it with FRIENDS!

 Here's a shot of the whole cast while performing- they are a pretty young cast- most are just around 10 to 12 years old. The witch (in the striped dress) is the girl who does the camp. She and her sister did fantastic! She said she may even attempt Shakespeare with these kids next year! She's brave!
Given it's just a neighborhood camp for fun I am always impressed at how well all these kids do! And it's fun to see my neighbors back yard deck turned into a stage for a couple of nights! It's a fun thing that I hope these kids will get to do for more years to come! Way to go Brianne!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

How VERY fun!!! She did great!! She looks great, too. The costume and props and everything are so cute. I have never heard of a neighborhood-type performance like that, but why not!?? That is so fun! Nice job, Brianne!