Wednesday, August 15, 2012

St George...again!

 After Carter played in his scrimmage at Snow Camp we took him back to his dorm to shower, clean up and check out. After that we piled in the truck and headed south to St George! We figured it was our last chance to get out of town for a bit before football and school kicked in. We decided to do a bit of shopping for school but also take some family pictures and go to Zions National Park!
 The kids had not been there yet and with all the trips we've done down there we've never taken them over there. Now remember, it is summer so it was WAY TOO hot in our opinion to hike (and Carter was pretty sore) so we just decided to go up to the entrance of the park.
 We got out and looked around in a few shops, checked out the view from where we were, snapped a family photo and decided to go out to eat! Tammy had been talking about this place called Oscars for 
quite a while so off we went to check it out!
 After our yummy lunch we took off back to St George. We had fun hanging out together, watching some pretty amazing rainstorms, playing with the dogs, doing a bit of shopping etc.
 On Sunday morning I asked the gang to get cleaned up so we could go up to Sugarloaf to get some pictures. It's my favorite picture taking spot! And thanks to Tammy for taking the pictures! They turned out awesome!!!
 This one made me giggle a bit because it looks like Chan is wearing a rock hat!
 I love this one because it shows just how goofy our family is! We really are dorky!!
 This is my favorite!! I am blowing this one up to hang in my family room! I love it!
 This ones pretty great too! After our family photo shoot we decided to drive out to the new St George Airport. We've been wanting to check it out and it is VERY nice! It even has a really cool observation area on the second floor. We enjoyed seeing it and the drive :) (I spared you those pictures because I already posted so many others!)
 Here's our family shot at Zions. After seeing the airport we went back to Tammy's and my Aunt Kay came over to hang out and have dinner with us. We enjoyed visiting with her very much and the timing turned out well too because we found out that day that my Uncle Bill wasn't doing well. He had been doing chemotherapy for cancer and had taken a bad turn. So I was glad I could be there for Kay and give her a big hug.
 I know I say this often but I am so glad I have Tammy in my life! She's such a great friend! I WUB her! I got to see her new classroom at school and even help decorate a bit! That was way fun!
 Chan and I enjoy going to St George because it floods us with college memories! It was such a fun time!
 It's hard to believe that Carter is almost old enough to GO to college.... yikes!
 Tammy and I at Zions :)
 Will has said on several occasions he would like to go to Dixie college too! That would be fun!
 Brianne feels the same way and she even added that she would live with Tammy! Which was perfectly fine with her! :)
 We had to go onto the campus this trip because I have been meaning to go and get a shot of my hand print I did while I attended Dixie. I was a student body officer in college and was over communications. I LOVED it and we were invited to put our hand prints in the newly placed sidewalk! I was newly married so I added Chan's name too! :)
 Here's a picture of Chan and I in front of the Fine Arts building where I worked in the box office. I loved that job!
 This is the fountain in front of the fine arts building. I walked by here a million times. Such fantastic memories here! And I love that you can see the "D" on the mountain!
 Tammy and I are dorks and had to get this picture of Carter and the mountain in the background... it's called Molly's Nipple... yeah I know... I told you we were dorks!
Here we are at Oscars! It was once again a wonderful trip! We had a blast, as usual, and this time got in some fun sight seeing! I'm sure we'll be back again soon!

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

What a really cool trip!!! I LOVE these photos!!!! WOW! So beautiful! I'm with you--why hike in August St. George weather when you can get gorgeous pictures right there at the entrance. I love the handprint, too. That is so cute.

Amy said...

Those are such great pictures! And, I had no idea that's where you went to school. Very cool.