Thursday, August 23, 2012

Canyon time and Hell Week

 It's been a tradition at Alta for years and it was time again... the annual "Hell Week". It gets it's name because it is 2 a day practices during the summer..... enough said right?!! They did however switch it up a bit and now the players have time to come home in between the two, so it looks as if we have a new tradition in our house! This is a picture of what I saw every day.... a Midday nap! I Can't say I blame him! we also got to go to an evening practice one of the nights and were able to watch Carter play for the first time at the varsity level. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous to watch! That has never happened to me before, but now he's playing with the "big boys" and it's really cool! I'm so excited to see him play! :)
 After his first day of Hell week we went up to the canyon to have breakfast with Chan's family. They had planned a get together at a camp site, and most had spent the night, but because of Carter's schedule and Will's first practice, we missed it. But we did go up early to have breakfast with everyone and visit.
 It was a beautiful camp site up Big Cottonwood canyon and the weather was perfect. Even a bit chilly! That's the nice part about heading up in elevation in the summer! :)
 The cousins all liked seeing each other and visiting- and the breakfast was super yummy!
 The cousins even headed over to play a bit of sand volleyball! Brianne took the pictures while all the guys played.
Here's a shot of the cousins- aren't they funny!! Glad we were able to go and glad that Carter survived another year! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I love how the picture describing Hell Week is Carter asleep. Yeah, no kiddin'!! :) The canyon pictures look so fun. Cousins are the best. :)