Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving was so nice this year! We were able to sleep in and enjoy the morning watching the parade and talking to family. Chan had already made his portion of the dinner the day before- he made parker house rolls from scratch, cranberry apricot jelly and a cranberry salad. So we were able to relax and enjoy the day!
Later in the afternoon I asked the boys to get down all of the Christmas decor so that Brianne and I could get started on it the next morning. Other than that it was a chill out kind of day! At around 4:30 we went over to Chan's parents home for the dinner. It was a small group this year- just our family, his parents and Annie, Dakota and Gerardo. This was the first year we were all able to fit at 1 table! Yay!Brianne even commented that she got to sit at the "Adult table" this year! It was an exciting moment! All the food was SOOOO yummy! And it was fun to sit and eat and talk. Just perfect!
After dinner it was football time! So Carter and Papa were the first to sit and watch the game. They love talking football with each other and it's pretty cute to watch!
A fun time was had by all! Thanksgiving is such a great holiday- I look forward to it every year! And this year I am the most grateful for my family! My own as well as my extended families! My life would not be the same without them! Love you all!

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

What a GREAT time!!! Beautiful table, too. All the food sounds SO yummy! :)

Amy said...

I love easy going holidays--yours sounded perfect! I really liked the centerpiece on your table, too.

Company EIGHT said...

Looks like the perfect holiday!