
This was a big day! So before we headed out the door I made sure that I got a photo with both Will and Brianne, because I realized that I didn't have ONE of me with them yet!

I can't believe how tall my kids are getting! And I love these pictures! They turned out great!

Once again the weather decided to come at us head on! It wasn't too bad in the morning, but our game didn't start until 1:30 and by that time the storm had rolled in and it was COLD, WET, WINDY and the snow was COMING!

Once again the cheerleaders were such troopers! They all came ready with their hats and gloves and were doing an awesome job!

Carter even got in on the action and helped with the down markers. Good thing I brought that blanket and extra hat! He thought he would be "fine" with just his under armour shirt and a jersey! Well obviously NOT!

It wasn't long till it looked this THIS! Yikes! And it was nasty wet cold snow! A lot of the boys were commenting that they couldn't feel their hands and their fingers! It was rough!

And it was a very challenging game! At the half there was no score at all!

I LOVE that Brianne and her friend Tiff were going strong even though they were freezing! Aren't they cute!

Brianne looked darling!

After the half Herriman finally scored and now we had to! And we did! We tied it up in the 4th quarter and it went into over time! Herriman was up first and they scored, so now we had to score to tie it up and have another over time. But we didn't get in :( it was VERY close, but close isn't enough. It was such a rough loss. I was so proud of our team, they battled back into the game and they could walk away knowing they did their best. Obviously we wanted to win and we truly could have- we had a great team- but sometimes it just doesn't come out that way. My favorite things about this day: 1. That Brianne was just as sad as her brother about the loss. It tells me that she really considered herself a member of that team- which is exactly what we wanted. 2. That Carter went over and wrapped his arm around his brothers shoulder and talked to him through his helmet and told him all would be okay. I couldn't hear what he was saying to him, but just seeing them together like that meant the world to me as their Mom. 3. That Chan bought Will a cake when he ran to the store after that game and even had a message put on it. He wanted to cheer him up and it was the perfect thing to do!

I am so proud of Will and the Alta Red team for their season! It was a fun year and I can't wait to see what next season brings for Will :) I love you buddy!
1 comment:
I can't believe the snow pictures, eeek!! I *love* how good your kids are to each other. So awesome. Tough loss, but when you've got family like that behind you, it all turns out okay. That's the BEST!
Post a Comment