Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Utah Valley University Anthem

 It just so happened that the night of this opportunity to sing for the Utah State Wrestling Tournament landed on the same night of Chan's surgery. At first Brianne thought we wouldn't be able to do it, but I made a quick call to Chan's parents and they jumped right in to help!! We weren't going to miss this opportunity!!
 Kathy ended up falling ill with the flu so it was just Grandpa that came to pick her up and get her to the event. I had given her detailed instructions so I wasn't worried! Chan and I were at the hospital and waiting to hear how it all went! We even sent her a quick video wishing her luck! We knew she would do an amazing job!
 When I got home that evening she was telling me all about it and how it was the most fun performance of the national anthem she had done so far! She said that they had gotten the crowd all amped up and the lights were down and she said that people were cheering. It made her feel VERY good!
It was a fun night with her Papa too! He was a wrestler in high school and even ran into an old high school friend when he was there that he wrestled with! It was fun for them to watch a few rounds before they left. I am SO thankful he was able to help and I am so thankful for every opportunity she has had thus far to sing! Each performance gets a bit easier and she can only improve from here! Nice job Brianne!

No comments: