Surgery 2016! I don't want to even THINK about another surgery but it was upon us and had to be done. This photo shows just how pushed forward his vertebrae were. His poor nerves were just being squished and was causing all kinds of pain and numbness which was NOT good. His surgeon actually called it a "break" which startled me! So off we go!
Chan cracks me up when it comes to doctors and nurses. He is OVERLY kind and always makes a point to tell them how awesome they are and makes them laugh. It amazes me that he does this! It's THEIR job to do that for HIM!! But that is my hubby, always thinking of others before himself!
We had to arrive at the hospital very early!!! We were there by 6:30am to check in so he could be the first in there at 7:30. Chan's Mom was kind enough to come with us that day. I don't think I could have handled another waiting room by myself!! She snapped this picture right before he went in.
Kathy and I chatted away in that waiting room!! We talked about the kids, politics, whatever! I SOOOO needed that! It made the hours tick by faster and before we knew it Dr Berry was out and saying all went well!
The "after" x-rays
He's got even more hardware in him now! But you can totally see how much better it all looks! Spacing and all! Amazing!
This was taken right after he got into his room. He was groggy but doing okay. It took a while to get his pain meds figured out due to a mistake by the nurses (somehow he was only getting HALF of the pain meds that were prescribed) but we got it sorted out! They had him up and walking that same day!! He stayed in the hospital for 2 nights and then came home. He had to learn how to get in/out of bed without twisting etc and I wanted him to feel "ready" to come home.
We came home on a Saturday morning and I am not going to lie that first day was just terrible. The ONLY good thing was this cute note/Jello brought over by a sweet neighbor and a wonderful dinner that was brought over by a friend. Other than that it was just bad. He was in SO MUCH pain and moving in/out of our bed was HARD. Will and I were up on the bed at times helping him sit up. However, it got better a small bit every day. The blessing of good friends was with us as we had a meal every day for over a week. I could focus on getting him better! We watched a lot of TV and movies and tried to make the best of it.
A few days after Chan came home Will went out and bought this book for him to cheer him up! It was the sweetest thing and he was AMAZING during this whole ordeal. Will would run to buy ice, come home from school during lunch to check on him, etc he was just plain AWESOME! Brianne was too! She would do anything I asked of her! How grateful I am for that too!
It's been a few weeks now since the surgery and he is healing well. My mom sent out several essential oils to help in the healing process and they have been wonderful. This wound healed quickly and beautifully and I am certain that played a huge role in that. He is already back at work, not totally full time yet, he's still working from home a bit. He's doing better every day and I am looking forward to the day he wakes up totally pain free and feeling like himself again! Thanks to all who prayed, brought in food, or was just there on the other end of the phone for support! It all meant the world to us! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment