Thursday, September 6, 2012

Alta vs Olympus JV/Varsity

 This past week Alta High was playing Olympus. The JV game was at home and the Varsity was away. Carter starts on the JV and we knew this was going to be a good game for them.
 We didn't know however that the Olympus team was going to come at us so strong! They were really coming at us, especially their defense, they were blitzing like crazy!
 This is Carter running a trap- he moves so fast when he does this! It's awesome! And he had an amazing trap at the end of the game that got him a high five from his coach! AWESOME!
 Here he is knocking that guy after the trap!




It was an ugly game with a lot of flags, but thankfully we came out on top in the end!
 The Friday was the Varsity game. Carter had been told that he should get some playing time so he was so excited! In the 4th quarter I saw him start to warm up so I knew it was coming!
 And out he went! It would have been sooner but this Olympus team came out after the half with some new tricks!
 Carter did great! He's not thrilled with how his first play at varsity went because he tripped (a took a lot of joking from his coach about that) but other than that he did great!
 Chan and I are truly just proud parents! We are thrilled that he has done so well!
 I love how this picture turned out! He came and found us after the game and I was able to give him a quick fist pump and tell him good job before he got on the bus.
I hope the season slows down a bit so I can really savor each game! This is just plain FUN!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Awesome! I can't believe how many GOOD pictures you get. You must be so far away--but you'd never know from the photos. So great.

Amy said...

I love that you are really involved in the games--and document all the action. Good pictures!