Friday, September 14, 2012

Alta High vs Riverton JV/Varsity

 This week was at Riverton and our challenge here was their running game. The coaches had been talking it up all week, so we knew that was their strength. And they were right! This game was intense! A true ping pong type match up! They were tough and we were doing our best to match!
 This is one of the few fields left in our area that's not turf and I found it funny that Carter seemed to fall down more than usual. I have no idea if that's why because I didn't ask him, but it sure seemed that way to me! (and yes, that is Chan walking in the background!)
 I knew I was going to have to leave a bit early (due to some PTA duties at the back to school night event) so I just kept waiting for that big lead... well, they did jump ahead at one point, but then Riverton came back strong in the 4th quarter and had a small lead with only 3 minutes left! And yeah, that's right when I had to leave!! GRRRRRR!!!
 Thanks to texting Chan told me that our team scored again and pulled out the win! WOO HOO!! Like I said.... ping pong match up!! I'm just glad that Carter played an awesome game and that they got the win!




 We figured that the match up with JV would be similar with Varsity and it was. Not as ping pong like as the other, but close! I just love being a part of a community that loves their team and shows support! Friday Night Lights are truly the best!! Especially when you win.... which they did!!
Carter didn't play varsity that night, but like I've said before it takes more character to stand there and still feel like your a true member of that team. I really believe that, and so does he. I'm grateful for that! I know he'll get more time, I'm not worried! And hey, there are roughly 140 members on the JV/Varsity team and there are boys who never touch the field at EITHER game. So I know he is in a great place! Way to go Bubba!!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Awesome! That's exciting. I would have had a tough time leaving that close to the end, too!!!