It was kind of funny that this week Carter and Will's teams both played Olympus! And some of these boys on the Olympus team were BIG! Much taller than our guys! However, our team was prepared and ready to go!
Will had the opportunity to play middle linebacker in this game. He player a bit of center on the offense too. But I really think this defensive side of the ball is agreeing with him! He is loving it! He still has some learning to do but considering he's never played this position I think he's doing awesome! This is a picture of one of his tackles as a linebacker. Not a great tackle, but he stopped him!
The other thing he enjoys with being the middle linebacker is that he is responsible for learning the defensive hand signals from the coach. He learns the signals and then passes on the coaches instruction to the other defensive players. He LOVES this! The picture above he is getting his "signals" from coach.
Here is another tackle he was in on! And I tell ya, I am really not used to having to follow a kid around that is running to try and get a picture! It was tough to get good ones!
Carter was there to support along with A LOT of his fellow team members. There is 5 boys that have older brothers that play- really cool! And Carter offered to help with the chain gang... so nice of him!
I have had several parents point out to me that Will has matured a lot and seems to be faster than last year! I'll take that! And I actually agree with it too!
Our team played SOOOO well! It was a shutout and it was fun to watch!
And what's a little league game without cheerleaders! I am so glad that Brianne decided to do it again! She actually decided right after last season that she wanted to continue... I think it's in her blood now!
This is my favorite picture! I have to say that she is LOUD! I can always hear her over there cheering her guts out! I love it!
She is growing up into such a lovely young woman! She is a great leader too! She was asked to be co-captain this year which she was BEYOND excited about! She deserves it though... she works hard and knows ALL the cheers and always tries to be helpful and kind.
I am very proud of her! It's not an easy thing to go out and do, especially when she has challenges with doing cartwheels etc, but she always goes out and gives her best at what she CAN do!
And I have to say that I LOVE that the girls have these signs from our team as a backdrop! There's one for each player! I love them! And again..... I LOVE FOOTBALL!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, your kids are so awesome. These posts are so fun.
I love that first photo--his eyes are so intense. He really looks like a serious football player!
Post a Comment