The same day of the Homecoming assembly we also had the wonderful opportunity to pick up Brigham (my nephew) from the airport and take him to the MTC! He had originally gone to Brazil for his mission, but after being in the MTC there for 3 months he came home for a while to work out some personal issues. It was about 8 months at home before he was ready to go back out again and this time he was to report to the San Jose California mission, Spanish speaking. we were thrilled to be able to be a part of his journey back out to serve!
Chan picked him up that morning and he met us at the assembly where he got to watch his cousins act totally ridiculous! Haha! After the assembly, Will and Brianne said hello and gave him a hug and Chan, Carter and I took him out to breakfast at Black Bear Diner.
It was so nice to be able to visit with him and to hear he and Brigham talk about MTC experiences and to hear the differences. Carter gave him some insight on the Provo MTC as well.
Then we were off to Provo! We had to go to the Provo temple and get the usual pictures of sending off missionaries in front of the temple. It was kind of a chilly fall day too!
There is two handsome young men right there! Brig was SO ready to go back into the field! It was an absolute joy to be able to be a small part of it!
When Carter left on his mission I took a photo of him by this sign! I just had to get another with Brigham! I think it is so funny! I am happy he obliged his silly aunt! :)
This was a sweet moment- watching Carter walk in Brigham to the MTC. It doesn't seem that long ago that they were playing xbox together and now they are growing up and serving missions..... wow, where has the time gone! I also loved the little cookie monster Brig had in his bag! So precious! These are wonderful boys who are going to be even better men! So proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment