Sunday, October 22, 2017

All Clear!!

On September 28, 2016 I went in for another follow up on my awful finger. I was very nervous to hear what he was going to say. The option of surgery was still on the table as of my last visit and I was taking good care of my finger and hoping for the best!


At this visit he removed the stitches, which DID hurt by the way, and cleaned up all of the dead skin and pulled off as much as he could.


I was left with this- a nasty scab that was still not ready to come off- but my nail was still intact and the skin appeared to be healing again!

I should have taken a "before" picture because ALL of the skin under the nail was dead- literally black and nasty- but thankfully the skin underneath was pink and happy! Which meant NO SURGERY for me!! YAAAAAYYYY!!! It took several more weeks for that scab to fully heal and for the bruised nail to grow out but I am SO grateful that it healed and that I didn't lose my finger OR have to do an intense surgery. I am feeling very blessed!!

No comments: