Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Work decor and parties

 Right after Thanksgiving at work we got busy decorating! There was quite a bit of decor for fall too, so that had to be put away first! We got all the bins out from storage and got busy bringing Christmas cheer to the office! We were all also given a tree coloring page to color! It was supposed to be a contest, but I think it ended up being just for fun! Anyway, we all helped put out the Christmas decorations, but Sherrie (one of the ladies I work with) wanted to take care of the front desk. She was going to bring in items from home like she had for fall (which was amazing). On my first day back in December this is what I walked into!
 A winter wonderland!!! Isn't it amazing! People would literally stop and take pictures of it as they walked by! It was funny! She definitely has a talent! When we get back from winter break our desk is going to look SO bare! Haha!
 Here's my finished tree! I worked on it for a long time! I really enjoyed doing it! I even got out my old set of colored pencils I used to use in my art classes! I had so much fun doing this!
 The last Wednesday before our winter break we had a work party/ugly sweater contest and these two were the favorites! That is Sherrie on the left and she MADE her outfit! It's "Elf on the Shelf" Hahaha! And Alyce is on the right and she made hers as well! She didn't love hers though- she said it was too bulky! Haha! We also did a white elephant gift exchange and it was FUN! There was some interesting stuff, funny stuff and even a few nice things intermixed!
 Then on the Friday before break we did Christmas Bingo! And this time anyone in our building could come. It was SO fun! My neighbor/boss Everett put it together, and apparently does this every year, and is the one to run it. There was a table of prizes at the front of the board room to win! I won 3 times! Haha! It was so fun!
 We also watched Christmas movies with a projector up on to the wall all day in our back office. I seriously work at the funnest office!
I had to get a quick picture of the table. Janet and I did this for the party. We went downstairs to our teacher resource center and did die cuts for the lights, used bulletin board paper and then drew in the black lines to connect the lights! Cute right?!! I need to remember this in case I ever do any parties where I need cheap and easy decor!

Now it's time to enjoy winter break! No work until January 6th for me! Woo hoo!

No comments: