Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Eve

 On Christmas Eve the first thing I did (after running a quick errand) was go out and get Swig and donuts for me and the kiddos! Chan was already at work so that he could get home as soon as possible! I thought it was the perfect way to start the day! Loads of sugar!! haha!
 Before we left for family dinner I insisted we take a quick family "selfie" with Santa hats! I think we were all looking pretty good and very ready for dinner!
 Chan's part of dinner was the 7 layer salad and aspic. This year dinner was going to be at Annie's house and we were doing Mema's Christmas dinner. It has been quite a long time since we had that! When we were first married we would go to Mema's house every Christmas Eve for prime Rib, 7 layer salad, aspic, creamed potatoes, green beans and rolls. So I was honestly excited to see it come back this year!
 Tom even dressed up for the occasion and had on a tie! I haven't seen him in a tie for a few years! :) We enjoyed visiting and snacking on appetizers. I was also enjoying the "Holiday Slush" I made! Brianne helped me make it too- it's basically water, sugar, pineapple juice, maraschino cherries, bananas and orange juice concentrate. You make it and freeze it and serve it over sprite. It is SOOO yummy!!!!
 Annie and Gerardo setting up the "kids" table! There wasn't room for us to all sit together, which was fine, we just enjoy being together as a family under the same roof!
 Here's all the cousins! From front left: Sophie, Chloe, Dakota over to Myles then Brianne and Will. Aren't they cute! I don't think some of the kids loved the food, but hopefully as they get older they will learn to love it like we do! Well, except the aspic, I am still not a fan of that! Haha!
 After dinner it was time for Christmas Eve gifts. This year my kids did not want pajamas so I had to get creative and get things that were on their list. Will got a T-Shirt and button up shirt from Aeropostale and Brianne got a sweatshirt from Pink. They were both very happy!
Not long after dinner we all cleaned up and headed for home to prepare for Santa's arrival! Now that are kids are older that is a MUCH easier thing to handle, but they are just as excited as when they were little! Which I LOVE!! Because I am just as excited too! Christmas time is truly a magical time of year! Happy EVE everyone!

No comments: