Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Cookies

 The week of Christmas Kathy and Tom invited all the kids and Grand kids over to make Christmas cookies and salt dough ornaments. We've done it the last few years (the cookies- not ornaments) and it's always fun to see what people can create! These are our snowmen... this purple one is Will's! I personally loved the marshmallow arms! But I think he liked eating them a bit more than decorating them! Or at least it seems that way! Haha!
 This one is Brianne's! I loved her use of licorice as the arms and I loved her frosting hat. It looks awesome!
 These are mine. I take a LONG time to do mine! I placed each of those dots by hand... I have issues! Haha! But seriously, I figure whats the hurry anyway! I would rather get it exactly the way I want it!
 This one was also Brianne's! She likes to change things up too :)
 This is my salt dough ornament. I had no idea what I was going to do when she handed me the ball of dough! I just ended up braiding it and making a wreath! I painted it green later that night and it looked really good! I might need to do more of these next year!
 Brianne was having fun being creative with the dough too! She made a music note (that I didn't get a picture of) that turned out amazing!
Here is the heart she made! I love how she did the coil around the edge of the heart! It was a fun time! We even stayed late for dinner and Chan came up too. A fun way to kick off the holiday! Thanks Tom & Kathy!

No comments: