It ended up being WAY more work that I intended! It was a pre-lit tree but as I was putting it together some of the lights were not working.... sigh.... so Chan and I ended up cutting them all off. Yup.... each branch had to have the lights cut off! It took us HOURS! But once it was done, I put it together and just used the Christmas lights I already had and.... voila!!! I think it turned out GREAT! We could actually fit all of our family ornaments on it which is exactly what I wanted! Yay! And another funny side note- the wreath next to it was also pre-lit and I've had it for years. It used to be Chan's grandmother's (Mema's) wreath. The lights on it also stopped working! So I cut all those off and put a new strand of lights on. Thankfully I already had those too!
I also decided to change up the mantle in that room this year. I have always put my nativities up there, but I added the tree's and the plaque that I made last year. I love how it turned out and I think I am going to do this every year! I love nativity scenes! They make me happy! The one in the middle (southwestern one) is one my Mom had when I was growing up. She bought it with my aunt Susan at an art show in Scottsdale years ago. The one to the left of that of Mary and Joseph was a wedding gift. And to the left of that is one I purchased years ago at a boutique. The one to the right of the southwestern one was a gift to us from our Bishop when Chan was serving as ward Clerk. Lastly the one on the far right was a gift given to us from our dear friends Swen and Kristi. I am hoping to collect more over the next few years!
These pictures were on the back door by this room. Will and Brianne colored them at a youth activity we were doing for the primary aged kids! I thought they were fun and so I put them up on the door through the holidays!
These were sent to us this year by my sweet nieces and nephew! I HAD to put them in my kitchen so that I would see them every day! Aren't they just precious! I don't get to see them as often as I would like so things like this mean the world to me!
This is our "new" tree! Chan and I both picked it out at the store and loved it! Our favorite thing is that the lights change from colored lights to white lights! My kids like my "deco tree" much better now because of that! Hahaha!
After we got the tree up Chan and Will put the Lego train together and put it under the tree. It took up so much space it made it a little tricky to find room for the gifts, but we got it all worked out!
This is the sofa area next to the tree. You'll notice another nativity on top of the bookshelf. This one I purchased and painted myself :)
This is in the same room as well. I did this different than in years past too. I just got creative with what I already had and switched it up! I like how it turned out!
This is my favorite thing! Christmas Cards are one of the many things I love about the holiday season! I love checking the mailbox and getting them, reading the messages, and posting them on my door! I had many more after this photo too! I should have taken a photo later on! Anyway, there's nothing better than the Christmas season! It brings an extra warmth to the home that I just love! The house is filled with the spirit of Christ! It doesn't get much better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment