My parents had an unexpected visit in October to come out and attend my Aunt Pam's funeral. She had been fighting cancer for some time, and after a tough battle, she returned home. Her service was amazing. She was able to help plan what would happen and my favorite thing she asked was that her children speak along with their spouses. It was really cool! They stood together to speak about her and it was truly touching. They were ALL her children. I was also honored to participate in singing a song at her service. It was called "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need" and it was a beautiful song. The lyrics were perfect. It was difficult to sing because the spirit was so strong and emotions were welling up. After the service there was a luncheon at their home Ward. It has been years since I have been on the receiving end of such service and I have to say what a wonderful thing that is. To be able to sit and eat a lovely home made dinner after such a tender time is a beautiful gift. And those women were lovely and you could FEEL their love- truly Christlike love! It was also wonderful to see all of my Dad's siblings together! That doesn't happen often since they live all over. I was glad that we were able to get a picture of them all together. My Uncle Gary is not pictured because he is in bad health as well and my aunt Kathy is also not pictured. She was unable to attend.
Since my parents made it all the way out here they decided to stay for a few extra days and spend some time with us. It was really nice! My Mom and I went shopping for Heather's kids since they all needed clothes and this was a good spot to find church clothes etc! Haha! They also took Brianne to a shoe store to get some new Converse for her birthday! She was THRILLED about that! And one of the best things was they got to see Will play in a high school football game!! And get this... for that game we played Provo High!! That is where my Mom and dad met! Isn't that crazy! It's the first time we've played Provo since we just changed from a 5A program to 4A this year! It was a meant to be! And we won BIG!!! The score was 58 to 7!!! WOW!! And Will played a great game too! :)
We had fun while they were here. Went out to dinner at Iggy's after the game and they also were so thoughtful and went out and bought me some much needed groceries while I was working one day! It was awesome!
This picture is one that my Mom sent me on my phone. They had it taken during one of their last vacations together and I loved it. It captures them both perfectly. I am grateful for them in my life, and even though it was a sad reason for them to come, I was grateful to spend some time with them. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment