Sunday, November 1, 2015

National Anthem.... again!!!!

Back in September auditions were held to sing the National Anthem at an NBA Utah Jazz game here in Slat Lake. Brianne and I had talked about it several times and she was planning on going. Unfortunately we found out that the auditions were being held on the exact day that I was leaving to go to Oklahoma to visit family. Brianne was SUPER bummed. So I went online to see what the details were and I discovered that you could send in video auditions! It did say that in person was best, but that they would accept a video audition through email. So I decided what the heck! I sent in the video of her singing at the Bee's game and told her afterward. She thought that was great and we didn't think of it again until weeks later when I got this email:



Congratulations!  You have been selected to perform the National Anthem at a Utah Jazz home game during the 2015-2016 NBA season.  By performing the anthem at the EnergySolutions Arena, you are representing your country, yourselves and the Utah Jazz, and we hope that you will take great pride in this performance.



We would like for you to perform the anthem on Friday, December 11th.  On your performance date, please arrive at the Energy Solutions Arena at 4:00 p.m. for a sound check.  You will be given four tickets to the game.  Additional tickets for family and friends, may be purchased by calling Dustin Dehlin at 801-325-****.



Please remember to dress professionally (no jeans) and arrive on time.  We also expect that the rendition of the anthem that you sang at auditions will be the same rendition you perform at the game, absolutely no changes.



We are excited to have you perform for the Utah Jazz this coming season.  Go Jazz!



Sincerely,



Carly Robbins

Director of Game Operations 
Utah Jazz

WHAT?!!!!!!! I got this email while I was at work and I about fell out of my chair!!! Is that not the most awesome news EVER!!!!! I immediately called Chan to tell him and he was equally stunned! And while I was on the phone with him I checked to see who they play that game and they will be playing the Oklahoma Thunder! That is a HUGE game!! It is so exciting!! Brianne is SO excited too! She couldn't believe it! This is going to be the BEST DAY EVER! We cannot wait! :)




1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

THAT IS SO UTTERLY AMAZING!!! Tell her congratulations!! I would LOVE to be there!! xoxo