Literally a day after Carter opened his mission call we were off to Oklahoma City to see my family! It's a trip that had been in the making for MONTHS!
The cousins had been away from each other for quite some time so it took a bit to "warm up"!
The older cousins jumped right in (no pun intended) and started playing around!
Cute Payton had made this sign that welcomed us into the house! I just thought it was adorable!!
The weather was warm but not too hot so playing outside and sitting on the porch visiting was something we did A LOT! we would sit and chat while the kids played around us. It was EXACTLY what I wanted to do!
It was so fun to see all the kids interact and I really enjoyed being able to spend time and talk with family! :)
Especially my sisters! I just miss them terribly! I wish I was closer so we could hang out often! But thanks to technology at least we can call, text, Facebook etc to keep in touch!
I had visited here last Fall after they got settled in but this was Chan's first visit and he LOVED it! It really is beautiful there!
Brianne and Sammy sang us a song and Alex played the piano! It was awesome!
One of the days we went into the city to check it out and we got some fun pictures with all the cousins!
This may be the last time they are all together for quite some time since Carter is going on his mission, followed by Brigham (most likely) next year!
We HAD to get a silly picture too!
The headquarters of Sonic is there, so when we visited in the city we all got a drink. This is a VERY William's thing to do! We always have a drink! Hee hee
One day we went to a lovely lake and went swimming. The water was nice and the kids played with balls and did water fights. My most memorable event there was that Will walked into the lake with his cell phone in his pocket! *sigh* And it was basically a brand new touch screen Galaxy!! Oh well, even after a rice bath it was goners!
I enjoyed basking in the sun and getting my tan on!
Watching the kids play and Chan making fun of me were highlights too! I couldn't swim because I was getting over an ear infection- but he does like to tease!
One of the nights we went to Toby Keith's bar & grill. It was a HUGE group but they handled us really well! And the food was AMAZING!!!
One of our last days we went to a bowling alley and let the kids bowl. It was so funny to watch! Carter was doing HORRIBLE and little Tank was kicking butt! Too funny!
Having so much distance at times bums me out because these guys are all so close!
They have the same sense of humor.... obviously!
The only hard part of the trip was that Steve had just transferred to a new job, so he wasn't able to take time off work. He was with us in the evenings, but I would have LOVED to have him around more!
This is the BEST group of kids! They are all adorable and really love each other!
One thing about this trip that posed its challenges was the time spent in the truck! We drove as much as 9 hours in a day for 2 days- there and back! I took a couple other car selfies, but I thought this one with my parents after our photo shoot was classic! Especially since we're all dressed alike! We went for ice cream after and got some crazy looks from people! Oklahomans are NOT used to 17 people dressed alike! HAHAHA!
After our lake trip we went to this place called Pops- it has thousands of different kinds of bottled pop! Some I haven't seen since I was a young kid! And some I had never seen before! It was awesome!
It was REALLY hard to decide what to try out!
After checking it all out we all grabbed our favorites! And they were all yummy!
Check out all the sodas in the windows! Isn't it cool looking! It was the best trip! I wish I could go out all the time and spend that kind of time with family! It was FUN! When we got home we had visited 5 states the kids hadn't seen before! The drive home was "interesting" since our truck was having an issue, but thankfully we made it home safe! Here's to a great trip and (hopefully) many more to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment