Friday, July 18, 2014

Mission Call!

 During the month of May Carter finished his mission papers and was ordained an Elder. We sent in the papers expecting to get the call a week later- which is the norm- but a week after instead of a letter I got a call from our Stake President telling me that it had been "delayed" a bit. *sigh* So we continued to wait. We were all getting impatient waiting for this envelope to arrive! We were getting ready to go on vacation to Oklahoma City and were supposed to leave in roughly 24 hours. I had mentioned to Carter that I put something in the mailbox to go out- so if he saw that the flag was down on the mailbox that the mail had arrived and he could go check it. I went on to cleaning the house and the kids were doing their own thing when I hear Carter yell my name. I turned around and he was holding the envelope! Pretty much exactly like the picture above!
 I ran upstairs and gave him a hug and looked closer at this envelope that held his future! We were SOOOOO excited! So on to social media he went to invite everyone to the big opening!! It wasn't long till our living room was FULL of people!
 Some of his best friends, leaders and family all came out to support him and see where he'd be going!

 We had a huge map out on our dining room table for people to guess where he would be going! They had him all over the place! The closest guess was my niece Payton who said South Carolina!


 After a few moments and getting everyone settled in he opened the letter and read it aloud. It said that he would be serving in the Florida, Orlando mission! What a wonderful surprise!!! And English speaking too!! YAY!
 Then came the MANY hugs and photos with Carter as everyone congratulated him and wished him luck on his mission. It was a special night and one that he will never forget! We are SO proud of him and his decision to serve a mission and he is going to be an incredible missionary! He reports to the MTC on Sept 10th! WOW!!!
*On a spiritual side note* Carter had been feeling anxious on the day this all happened.He just wanted the letter to come. He went down to his room and said a prayer and opened his scriptures where he read a scripture that used the words, "it would be delivered unto him". He felt prompted to check the mailbox and found the flag was down. He went out and there it was. A true blessing and story he will never forget.

No comments: