Thursday, July 31, 2014

Impromptu St George Trip

 On July 4th weekend we decided to take an impromptu trip down to St George. My BFF Tammy had planned to come up for Carter's graduation but had a NASTY fight with a kidney stone, followed by some other complications, which means she was pretty bummed and down in the dumps. No one wants to spend their summer vacation sick!
 We surprised her and just showed up at her house! She was ALL smiles and even shed a few happy tears. We immediately kidnapped her and went to get pedicures! She hadn't been out of the house much at all and we wanted to cheer her up!
We went to a fabulous place and visited as we got our feet beautified :) It was perfect! She kept saying, "I can't believe your here" and "I'm so glad you came" so we knew we had made the right decision! And no, we didn't plan to all wear black sandals, but it made for a great photo op!

Will has had his permit for a few months and brought it with him thinking he could get some practice in! Tammy, being the drivers ed teacher, decided to let him drive her new Jeep! I was shocked she offered but he was SO excited to drive it! So off they went! When they got back Tammy was laughing and couldn't wait to share a story... While they were out she was teaching him how to parallel park, which he did pretty well. Then she told him to check over his shoulder to pull out and he just kept looking until... boom... hit his head right on the window! She was laughing so hard it hurt! So that second picture is of the smudge it left on her window! She swears she's not going to wash it off because it will always make her smile!
 One place we HAVE to go to in St George is Swig! It's my favorite spot! It's the first place I had a Dirty Dr Pepper and it still tastes the best!!
A quick selfie of us taking our Swigs! :)
Another must is eating at Pasta Factory! It's still funny to go back there and see that not much has changed since Chan helped open the place back in the mid 90's! The menu is even pretty much the same! But it's yummy every time! :)
 On the 4th we all hung out at Tammy's along with some friends and family and set off some fireworks!
 Will was enjoying lighting them along with Tammy's Nephew Hutch.
 Chan was obviously more into his game on his ipad than the fireworks! But that's okay!
 The weather was perfect too- not too hot- and sitting out watching was fun! Brianne was freaking out seeing all the bats flying around! She didn't realize that's what they were! There is quite a few of those in St George!
I am so lucky to have this gal in my life! I just love her!
I'm also grateful to Chan for coming up with the idea to go down. We had been throwing around the idea of visiting St George sometime this summer, but when some other plans fell through over the 4th, he said LET'S GO! And I'm so glad he did- I really think it was inspired! Because not only did we surprise Tammy, we were also able to stay at my aunt Kay's house. She broke her back a few months ago. She was on her way out of town when we arrived but we stayed at her place and we were able to fix some things and clean for her! Just what SHE needed too! It really was a service trip!
 One of the days we drove around and went to see this new addition to the Dixie College campus! It's neat looking and is even more majestic at night! It lights up!
 Our last night there we spent at Kay's house out on her patio making silly videos and laughing so hard it hurt Tammy's stitches!
 I am pretty sure we were bugging her neighbors at one point! But we can't help how loud our laughter is when we are having fun!
 This selfie made us laugh super hard because of the strange vein that appeared on my forehead! Tammy named him Vinnie- which seems appropriate! And in ALL the years I've known Tammy this is the MOST white I have EVER seen her! Especially this time of year! So it was a classic picture!
I am SOOOO glad we went down! We had a BLAST and needed the laughs as much as she did! St George is our second home for sure! We just love it there! Hopefully someday we'll have our own place to escape to down in Dixie! :)


1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Man, what a fun, fun time!!! :)