Graduation Day 2014.... wow... I had so many older people tell me to enjoy my time with my kids because it goes so quickly. It is SOOOO true! It really doesn't seem that long ago that Carter was playing with Tonka trucks! But the time has gone and I have enjoyed savoring every minute with this kid!
I however did NOT enjoy (at times) going through school with him! It definitely had it's challenges and there was times I wondered if we'd get here! But we did it together and I helped HIM reach HIS full potential and I'm thrilled for that!
I made him a book with all the pictures I had taken, or had done for his Senior year. I think it turned out pretty cool! I wanted him to remember his time in High School- it's been good to him! He's had some GREAT times with some amazing friends!
I couldn't resist decorating his car! (he didn't love that- but oh well! :)
This was our gift to Carter for Graduation- his new scripture set for his mission! He wanted an all new set that he could mark up and study specifically for his mission and I was all about it! He wasn't technically and Elder yet when he got these, but we knew it would be soon after!
I attempted to make him a traditional candy lei and did "okay"! He loved it and enjoyed savoring the candy!
I snapped this shot of him at UVU right before we went in for the ceremonies. He looks so grown up! And he was SO excited to get in there!
We are truly blessed with this kid! Even with all the minor struggles I had with him in school when we grabbed the program to find his name we discovered that he was graduating with an Honors diploma! WOO HOO!
This was a pleasant surprise! We knew he qualified for the Advanced diploma, but apparently because he did so well on his ACT's he was able to graduate with an Honors certificate. That's amazing! We couldn't be prouder!
I kept asking Chan if experiencing this graduation was strange for him since HE also graduated from Alta and he said YES! He never would have guessed he'd end up watching his kids graduate there! It's funny and pretty cool!
This is my kid on the jumbo tron right before he went on stage.... yup... enough said!
This was right after he was handed his diploma...
Snapping a picture with his Principal Fidel Montero! He liked Carter and you can tell from his expression! :)
A quick congratulations hug and he was off! An official graduate with certificate in hand!
One of the last things they did was sing the fight song before throwing their cap into the air! It was awesome! Such a great group of Seniors with A TON of pride for their school!
We had a small group there to cheer him on- here's a shot of Will, Dakota & Brianne
Grandma & Grandpa Gilbert with Carter
Gamma & Papa with Carter
After the ceremony we went and got some yummy BBQ! A great way to celebrate with Carter and hear all about his thoughts on the graduation ceremony.
It was a great day and we loved spending time as a family and celebrating Carter!
It's official... I have a high school graduate! ......And Mr. Alta has left the building! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment