Friday, July 18, 2014

Football Prez

 Once summer began so did football- in full swing! They had practices every day and when I say "they" I mean Carter and Will. Carter as one of the Sophomore coaches and Will as a Sophomore player! They were doing what's called "Explosion Camp" and they lift weights, run plays and have meetings. They are not in pads yet, but are trying to see who they have and where they can put people. Will played linebacker last year, but during explosion camp this year was placed on the offensive & defensive line! Funny because that's where his brother is coaching!
 Carter is truly meant to be a coach- he LOVES it and is does a great job with the boys. He also fits right in to the coaching staff. He is volunteering, but is truly loving every minute!
 At the end of the padded camp- where they had scrimmages, practiced full out etc- they had a pool party at the Draper pool. It was the cap to a VERY busy week for me as Football Booster President. Aside from planning practice times and running the team I do everything else! It's A LOT to take on, but watching all these boys together at the pool and hearing they "thank yous" and calling me "Mama Criz" makes it all worth it!
 Thankfully I have asked a TON of Moms to help me with my many jobs! I have 11 committee chairs, with more volunteers under them! That's crazy! But without them I truly could not do this!!
 Brianne always comes along for the ride as well! She knows A TON of these guys because they've played with both older brothers! She fits right in and LOVES football as much as me! I'm positive she'll be a team manager when she gets into high school! (Team Managers = water girls)
 This was a great activity to end the first part of football this summer. The mandatory practices start next week and I am excited to see how things go!
 I still have a lot of my list of "to do's" but was able to get a lot done this past week. I won't have an actual "break" until after the banquet in December, so wish me luck that I can endure!
 I am so glad that my boys are so dedicated to something they love and I am also grateful that I get to be such a big part of it! I am blessed, a bit crazy and frazzled at times, but definitely BLESSED!
Here's to a great summer break and to some kick butt football this fall! GO HAWKS!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Super cool. I will look forward to your football posts in the fall, as usual! :)